Skip to main content

My Christmas Letter

Merry Christmas from the Martins!
We are a little older & hopefully a little wiser.  (At least that is our story & I am stickin’ to it!) 
We have 4 kiddos, the same as last year, meaning I haven’t lost one  - YET.  And you know we could not put an imposter in the picture since they all 4 look exactly alike.  My grandmother use to say, maybe one day I will get one that looks like me, but I am done trying.  (Actually, I think I have said those words before.)

Anyway, what you really want to know is what we are up to . . .

Let’s begin at the beginning . . . Marty is growing his career & I was stopped, by multiple people at the company Christmas party, to say how proud they are of the work he is doing.  I love that for him!  He had a MUCH easier AU football season than last & got to go to most of the games.  We are headed to the big game in CALIFORNIA & we are so excited!  He is still & always will be SuperDaddy!  He is everyone’s favorite person & is so involved in the kiddos’ lives.  I love that!

Baylor is 10 – we are double digits here people!  She is in 4th grade & on the student council.  We just finished soccer & then a basketball camp.  We are still loving at & dolls & have now learned to love the art of shopping – if we are shopping for ourselves that is.  She definitely has her own sense of style & is confident.  She is sweet & helpful & everyone’s friend.

William is our 7 (almost 8) year old 2nd grader.  We tackled tackle football this Fall & loved to show mom the bruises each night after practice.  I have never seen a cuter Safety in any other game.  We are starting basketball & of course I think he is the best, but then again so does he =)  He is smart like Sissy & is growing way to fast. He is still my joker & I love seeing his sweet heart come out around the baby.

Whitt is too cute for words.  Turning 6 is exciting ! And Kindergarten is GREAT! He is learning to read & be a sweet friend.  He is learning math & will surpass Mommy just as fast as the other 2.  He loved soccer with cousin Thomas this FALL & was AWESOME!  He is starting basketball as well & having fun with new friends.    He loves helping with Baby & his imagination is taking him on new adventures everyday!

Baby Lee, last but not least, is a sweet, go-with- the-flow kinda’ guy.  He turned 1 a few weeks ago & loved celebrating with his ousins.  He ADORES his siblings & watches every move they make.  He is learning a few words & finally “MaMa” was his first!  He is a big baby & as soon as he decides he is ready he will be really fast.  He loves tagging along with the older 3 & we are glad he is a part of the team!

That is the crew in a nutshell.  Mommy is driving everyone around & I still enjoy helping out with projects at our church.  I am looking forward to a trip to Pasadena & cheering on the TIGERS!

We went to a church service this evening & they sang a new song “Joseph’s Lullaby.”  Obviously from the point of Jesus’ earthly father as he looked down at the newborn baby . . .it made me realize that I had a newborn last year & now look at him getting in to everything & I have to worry about that, but what did Mary & Joseph worry about?  I cannot begin to imagine what was going through their heads.  Did they think about His death?  Did they think about what was before their baby?  I cried as I listened to the words.  Every baby has so much promise & dreams before them, but nothing compares . . . I look at our little ones & am excited to join them on their journeys of childhood & beyond & I can only pray that they realize the true meaning of Christmas is that someone had a baby in a dirty stable & knew there baby was born to die to save the world.
I cannot imagine what the first Christmas was really like, but I pray yours is filled with the love of family & the gift of God.

Merry Christmas from our family to yours,
Jocelyn & Marty & crew

P.S. Of course the baby can do “WAR EAGLE!”  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Letter 2023

Merry Christmas! How are we here?       How has this year gone by so fast?            How is it almost 2024? I can tell you how . . . because there are 4 kids (in 2 cities), 1 dad (sometimes traveling for work), 1 mom & her minivan, multiple teams, multiple schools & 1 cute puppy. Whew!! Baylor is 20 & LOVING her apartment life in Auburn! She is studying hard & keeps a busy schedule with tailgating, church events & general TALKING with friends. She is doing some babysitting & pre-teaching over her Christmas break & some more TALKING with friends. William will be 18 any day now! He just made the Men's Soccer Varsity squad for his Senior year & so that makes the 3rd team of this year! He will be joining big sister in Auburn come August & I am sure his dorm room will be a little less complicated. He is half-way through his Senior year & doing well in school. He studies, works, plays soccer & then a little more soccer. He & Whitt are tryi

Christmas Letter 2022

  "I will give them a heart to know that I am the Lord,  & they shall be my people & I shall be their God. . ." Jeremiah 24:7 Merry Christmas 2022! Wow! What a year ~ I am exhausted & joyful & so excited all at the same time! We have a COLLEGE STUDENT! She did AMAZING! I cried like a baby & still do from time-to-time. Baylor is 19 & is loving life on the plains. She has gotten involved & made new friends. She studies & loves her classes. She loves football & basketball games & amidst all that STILL manages to squeeze in 40,000+ words a day! WFM5 - William, our Cinco is a soccer champ once again! He drives to work, school, soccer & EATS. He has made me so proud managing work, school & soccer & studying for ACT & college visits. Doing all well & having fun! He will be a Senior Fall '23 & we are looking forward to that fun year. Whitty is my runner & jumper! He is on the high school track & field team no

So Many Things . . .

 So many things have happened . . . So many things good things & so many hard things. So many things that we cannot explain & things we saw coming years ago. So many people & so many places. This momma's heart has had to learn to watch them fly & soar. I keep thinking back to what my Daddy said at our wedding " . . . you give your children roots & wings." It is hard to give them roots that run deep & how you instill true values in them. It is also hard to watch them open their wings ready to soar. They are soaring! They are learning SOOO much & watching these adventures is a true gift. I know one day I will look back as this being a great joy of my life. I am experiencing hurt but it is amidst such beauty & growth. My baby girl has started to fly & she is flying strong. As soon as she started off on her journey she hit a few unexpected bumps & she took a minute, re-grouped & then just kept on going. She was strong & brave. S