Skip to main content

Almost 18 . . .Thoughts for the boy . . .

 Some thoughts as you are about to turn 18 . . .

(started October 28, 2023)

God is sovereign!

God is faithful & true!

VOTE! Vote wisely

You are the best soccer player! I am your biggest fan!

Make wise choices & be a role model . . .I know you are tired of me saying that, but it is true.

Never stop playing jokes & being funny!

"I hope you know I had the time of my life raising you."

READ the BIBLE!

Pigeons are real . . .maybe?

Sagewood Gang FOREVER!

Cousin Crew for LIFE!

"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt." John Muir

"Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, His steadfast love endures forever." Psalm 118:1

Why did the chicken cross the road?

$5 for a yellow card!

Napoleon Bonaparte

"Okay Lewis & Clark . . ."

WAR EAGLE ALWAYS!

Joshua 1:9

(December 17, 2023)

Maybe you could be #5 in soccer??

God loves you more than I do!

(January 2024)

To my Cinco as you turn 18 . . .

18! 18 is a big deal – you are almost an adult & you get to do “adult-ish” things. You were my tiny, orange baby & now you are taller than me with AMAZING hair & the best laugh. You are smart with a GREAT sense of humor. You are one of my favorite people to hang out with & you definitely keep me on my toes. I have spent the past 18 years watching you run & play, watching you walk through hard things with others & watching you be true to yourself. You love others well & understand the value of hard work. You know what you want & work for it. When I sit back & watch you are kind & compassionate. You love God & love others. You sit & take it all in when you are learning about God. I have watched you wrestle with hard things & hard people & do it with integrity. I am not sure there is much advice to give you, but here goes nothing . . .

Keep the hair curly!

Remember I am your biggest fan! I will always be cheering you on.

Watch out for your siblings ~ they are the people that will be with you the longest. At some point you may disagree, but they will always be your people.

WDE!

Cousins RULE!

Travel & go on adventures.

READ at least 1 book.

God loves you more than anyone.

Country music is AMAZING!

Being from the South is a gift from above.

I never will have a favorite child ~ seriously. But you will always be my favorite Napoleon.

If you need me to I can send the “Lewis & Clark meme” – I can always pull it up on my phone.

“Having a weird mom builds character.”

“Our sins they are many His mercy is more.”

This has taken some time to write, (I may have stopped & cried) but I wanted to try to get it out there for you to have. I want you to know that wherever you go & whatever you do – I love you! My door is ALWAYS open. I want you to go out & have adventures & do fun things. Follow the path that He has laid out for you. Read the Bible & delight in the Lord. But periodically think back & know that I had the time of my life raising you.

Love, Mom

Psalm 27: 13 & 14

“I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living!

Wait for the LORD; be strong & let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Letter 2023

Merry Christmas! How are we here?       How has this year gone by so fast?            How is it almost 2024? I can tell you how . . . because there are 4 kids (in 2 cities), 1 dad (sometimes traveling for work), 1 mom & her minivan, multiple teams, multiple schools & 1 cute puppy. Whew!! Baylor is 20 & LOVING her apartment life in Auburn! She is studying hard & keeps a busy schedule with tailgating, church events & general TALKING with friends. She is doing some babysitting & pre-teaching over her Christmas break & some more TALKING with friends. William will be 18 any day now! He just made the Men's Soccer Varsity squad for his Senior year & so that makes the 3rd team of this year! He will be joining big sister in Auburn come August & I am sure his dorm room will be a little less complicated. He is half-way through his Senior year & doing well in school. He studies, works, plays soccer & then a little more soccer. He & Whitt are tryi

Christmas Letter 2022

  "I will give them a heart to know that I am the Lord,  & they shall be my people & I shall be their God. . ." Jeremiah 24:7 Merry Christmas 2022! Wow! What a year ~ I am exhausted & joyful & so excited all at the same time! We have a COLLEGE STUDENT! She did AMAZING! I cried like a baby & still do from time-to-time. Baylor is 19 & is loving life on the plains. She has gotten involved & made new friends. She studies & loves her classes. She loves football & basketball games & amidst all that STILL manages to squeeze in 40,000+ words a day! WFM5 - William, our Cinco is a soccer champ once again! He drives to work, school, soccer & EATS. He has made me so proud managing work, school & soccer & studying for ACT & college visits. Doing all well & having fun! He will be a Senior Fall '23 & we are looking forward to that fun year. Whitty is my runner & jumper! He is on the high school track & field team no

So Many Things . . .

 So many things have happened . . . So many things good things & so many hard things. So many things that we cannot explain & things we saw coming years ago. So many people & so many places. This momma's heart has had to learn to watch them fly & soar. I keep thinking back to what my Daddy said at our wedding " . . . you give your children roots & wings." It is hard to give them roots that run deep & how you instill true values in them. It is also hard to watch them open their wings ready to soar. They are soaring! They are learning SOOO much & watching these adventures is a true gift. I know one day I will look back as this being a great joy of my life. I am experiencing hurt but it is amidst such beauty & growth. My baby girl has started to fly & she is flying strong. As soon as she started off on her journey she hit a few unexpected bumps & she took a minute, re-grouped & then just kept on going. She was strong & brave. S