Skip to main content

A few thoughts . . .

Marty has the camera & I desperately need to download some pics from first day of school.  BUT, he has the kids & the camera in AU & I am at home in a way too quiet house.
My sweet Mommy took me to dinner tonight & as my sis & I told stoies about our cute kiddos we laughed & laughed, but it made me think about the differences in each of my kids & how I needed to appreciate those better.
I am not a scrapbooker, or baby booker, so this little blog serves as that for my little ones.  So in lieu of keeping everything for my kids - here are a few thoughts . . .
My sweet girl, you are growing & growing pains hurt in & out.  You want to grow up & be independent AND you want to play dolls & be a little girl.  Stay young as long as you can & enjoy your childhood.  Do not wory about what others think, but you are a girl so I know you will.  God knows your sweet heart & that is what counts.  I know it is hard, but stay true to HIS values of beauty.  The other night as we had girl talk you were wishing for a sister, but God has given you 3 brothers. He has also given you lots of girl cousins - let these be a blessing to you.  I promise to make sure Daddy lets you out for prom if you go with a good boy - you got a little concerned when he said he would lock you up =)  You said the boy had to be smart & focused - you are a smart girl.
My sweet Cinco, my sports boy.  Stay you & stay real.  You have a sweet heart for others & a good joke is a way of life.  You will go far this way. Love your sister & her girly ways because I love that she is one of your best friends.  I know you like to push her buttons & I try to not laugh in front of you when you do this, but make sure to go right back to lifting her up.  Little brother misses you when you are at school  - I treasure the relationship you 2 will have as you grow.
My W2, you are still so little & yet growing way too fast.  You are still my shyest, but coming in to your own.  Golf starts soon & having a goal so young is a great thing.  Your journey of being 5 & "bigger" is about to begin. You think 5 is so important, but it is an age of so many new things for you so I cannot wait to watch this next year with you.  I love that God has given you 2 great role models, but even so young you can be a role model to others & I think you know that.
My unnamed baby, you are a blessing.  I have not seen you or held you in my arms, but I love you.  You are coming in to a loud & fun family.  Know your little self will be taken on many adventures  - but also know that we will all come along with you when your adventures start. 
I love you my kiddos.  I love you with my life.  Thank you for teaching me so many things about life & God & thank you for making me strive to be better everyday.  I pray for your hearts everyday & I pray that you always protect & encourage one another in God's love.
God has given me 4 kids & I am honored to be given them with my SuperHubby.  He is a fan & helpmate.  He is my best friend & a strength.  He works everyday to provide for our family in more ways than just money.
I love you all more everyday, a toast to the days & adventures ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Letter 2023

Merry Christmas! How are we here?       How has this year gone by so fast?            How is it almost 2024? I can tell you how . . . because there are 4 kids (in 2 cities), 1 dad (sometimes traveling for work), 1 mom & her minivan, multiple teams, multiple schools & 1 cute puppy. Whew!! Baylor is 20 & LOVING her apartment life in Auburn! She is studying hard & keeps a busy schedule with tailgating, church events & general TALKING with friends. She is doing some babysitting & pre-teaching over her Christmas break & some more TALKING with friends. William will be 18 any day now! He just made the Men's Soccer Varsity squad for his Senior year & so that makes the 3rd team of this year! He will be joining big sister in Auburn come August & I am sure his dorm room will be a little less complicated. He is half-way through his Senior year & doing well in school. He studies, works, plays soccer & then a little more soccer. He & Whitt are tryi

Christmas Letter 2022

  "I will give them a heart to know that I am the Lord,  & they shall be my people & I shall be their God. . ." Jeremiah 24:7 Merry Christmas 2022! Wow! What a year ~ I am exhausted & joyful & so excited all at the same time! We have a COLLEGE STUDENT! She did AMAZING! I cried like a baby & still do from time-to-time. Baylor is 19 & is loving life on the plains. She has gotten involved & made new friends. She studies & loves her classes. She loves football & basketball games & amidst all that STILL manages to squeeze in 40,000+ words a day! WFM5 - William, our Cinco is a soccer champ once again! He drives to work, school, soccer & EATS. He has made me so proud managing work, school & soccer & studying for ACT & college visits. Doing all well & having fun! He will be a Senior Fall '23 & we are looking forward to that fun year. Whitty is my runner & jumper! He is on the high school track & field team no

So Many Things . . .

 So many things have happened . . . So many things good things & so many hard things. So many things that we cannot explain & things we saw coming years ago. So many people & so many places. This momma's heart has had to learn to watch them fly & soar. I keep thinking back to what my Daddy said at our wedding " . . . you give your children roots & wings." It is hard to give them roots that run deep & how you instill true values in them. It is also hard to watch them open their wings ready to soar. They are soaring! They are learning SOOO much & watching these adventures is a true gift. I know one day I will look back as this being a great joy of my life. I am experiencing hurt but it is amidst such beauty & growth. My baby girl has started to fly & she is flying strong. As soon as she started off on her journey she hit a few unexpected bumps & she took a minute, re-grouped & then just kept on going. She was strong & brave. S