Skip to main content

Easter Weekend

First of all, I promise I will post pics as soon as my computer is fixed.
SuperDaddy says I can only use it if absolutely necessary & I do not think he would count blog posting unde that category.
We started out Easter weekend (Friday) with Baby Whitty getting a good goosegg & heading to the dr office to check it out. He was fine, but we kept a close watch on him. After all when you fall out of a car, scream for a few minutes & then try to go to sleep you scare this Mommy. (No the car was not moving - he wanted to crawl into it by himself b/c he is 2 & that is what they do & he slipped in the infamous bug shoes.)
We called our favorite Aunt Beth (Aunt "Bef" as BAy used to say), & wished her a Happy 40th Bday. (Sorry the number had to be mentioned)
We went to hear Uncle Marcus preach the Good Friday sermon, most people heard it except for those of us who were quiet enough to sit still - obviously not me, but I heard it was one of his best.
Saturday we visited the Easter Bunny, took one last look at the Disney Store (closing soon) & played outside & stayed outside for a long time. Then Mommy had the 3 little ones in bed be4 7PM while Daddy went to the MAN CAVE at Poppy's house & watched some b'ball.
Sunday was a beautiful Easter day. HUGE church attendance & good Easter baskets with a wonderful Easter lunch & egg hunt at Moppy's house with some cousins.
We went to a Martin family tradition - the Goodhew's Egg Hunt & came oh so close to finding the golden egg.
Mommy & Daddy came home & collapsed from all the fun, fed kiddos cereal & put them to bed.
I love Easter b/c it means new beginnings & simple ways to plug-in the Gospel to everyday life. (The cute clothes aren't bad either.) But I hope it does not become to busy to where we forget the true meaning. We seem to be busier every year. I know that comes with kids getting older, but . . oh, I don't know maybe I just want life to slow down & my kids stay these perfect ages .
Sidenote: this reminds me today WFM5 volunteered to skip his nap b/c rest helps your muscles grow & he said he knew I did not want him to grow up anymoe so he said he wouldn/t rest so he could stay 4 for me forever. Cuteness does not work when trying to get out of a nap today smarty pants.

Pics to come, Jocelyn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year 2025!

 Well, the end of 2024 caught us a little off-guard. So I am little late . . .  2024 started off with WFM5 turning 18! CRAZY! In the middle of 2024 Bay turned 21! CRAZY! Whitty is 17 & Baby Lee is in middle school! CRAZY! How can they be this old? How can 2 live in another city? How can the hubby be 50??! We had a lot of fun this year, we traveled & tailgated. We laughed & laughed some more.  We also grew this year inside & out, in times of tears & joy. We lost our sweet friend - Kim Haynes, our Auntie Kim. We had moments of telling her daughter that Mommy went to Heaven, we had hard conversations & times to say goodbye.  We had times of telling EK how wonderful her momma was. 2024 also sent another to AUBURN! Momma may have cried the whole way home. But to see him thrive brought Momma such joy.  Baylor (21) is studying education at AU & is having a blast with her cute friends, in her cute house. She stays busy with schools, concerts ...

I am going .. .

In the middle of a boring Super Bowl we put the kiddos in some pjs. So as I was getting the Baby a fresh diaper I told WFM5 to get his clothes off so we could put pjs on him. Now something you may not know about WFM5 is that some nights he sleeps with JUST pjs on. Who knows?? So anyway he took off his underwear & Marty said "Wait buddy leave on your underwear." What is a boy to say to that? "No daddy - I am going blonde tonight." WHAT? He meant "commando" TOO CUTE! ~jocelyn

Birthdays & the Zoo

A "Happy Birthday!" to my Uncle Bill. Yes, I am a day late, but the fabulous singing my kids did on your voicemail tonight should make up for that. I am so sorry that VBS falls close to your Bday & you don't always get a card - just the kids singing on the phone. If you do not know my Uncle Bill he is AWESOME! My kids love him & I think they think that Uncle Bill is coming to see them in a few weeks instead of coming for Maggie's wedding. So for all of you coming with Uncle Bill watch out they will probably come out of the gates running to him. Yes, they love everyone, but there is something special about Bill. So Happy Bday & we cannot wait to see you. I will make up for the lateness of this by letting you spend more time with the kiddos in a few weeks - yes, you should be excited about this. So, the zoo, our sweet Auntie Kim came to Bham with her niece & nephew today & we took the kids to the zoo. We love the zoo! They have a train, an Auburn tig...