Skip to main content

"The Baby"




On the side of the blog we call him "The Baby." We always pretty much call him "The Baby," but tomorrow morning he will be 3! This is crazy! 3 years ago he came in to this world quickly & knowing him now I know he was so excited to see Bubby & Sissy. Whitty loves to be a helper, he loves AU & loves to say his new Bible verse (Psalm 23:1). He doesn't mind being "The Baby." He loves Monday mornings when he has Mommy-Whitty day, but at the same time keeps checking to see when we can pick-up Bubby from school.


I am about to cry thinking of this weekend when we take down the crib. This coming spring I will sell a lot of baby toys & clothes.


I do have excitement to see what God has in store for this next chapter of our life. I realized I have not been in prayer enough as to following His plan. I am working on this, He is going to do great things in our little family.


So tomorrow I will be excited b/c he wants to blow out his own candles & he gets to have blue cake, but it is bittersweet. How much longer can I rock him at night & how much longer will he give me hugs after naps? (I mean the really tight hugs)


Whitty we love you. God has an exciting adventure in store for you & thank you for letting me be a part of it.


Love, Mommy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year 2025!

 Well, the end of 2024 caught us a little off-guard. So I am little late . . .  2024 started off with WFM5 turning 18! CRAZY! In the middle of 2024 Bay turned 21! CRAZY! Whitty is 17 & Baby Lee is in middle school! CRAZY! How can they be this old? How can 2 live in another city? How can the hubby be 50??! We had a lot of fun this year, we traveled & tailgated. We laughed & laughed some more.  We also grew this year inside & out, in times of tears & joy. We lost our sweet friend - Kim Haynes, our Auntie Kim. We had moments of telling her daughter that Mommy went to Heaven, we had hard conversations & times to say goodbye.  We had times of telling EK how wonderful her momma was. 2024 also sent another to AUBURN! Momma may have cried the whole way home. But to see him thrive brought Momma such joy.  Baylor (21) is studying education at AU & is having a blast with her cute friends, in her cute house. She stays busy with schools, concerts ...

I am going .. .

In the middle of a boring Super Bowl we put the kiddos in some pjs. So as I was getting the Baby a fresh diaper I told WFM5 to get his clothes off so we could put pjs on him. Now something you may not know about WFM5 is that some nights he sleeps with JUST pjs on. Who knows?? So anyway he took off his underwear & Marty said "Wait buddy leave on your underwear." What is a boy to say to that? "No daddy - I am going blonde tonight." WHAT? He meant "commando" TOO CUTE! ~jocelyn

Birthdays & the Zoo

A "Happy Birthday!" to my Uncle Bill. Yes, I am a day late, but the fabulous singing my kids did on your voicemail tonight should make up for that. I am so sorry that VBS falls close to your Bday & you don't always get a card - just the kids singing on the phone. If you do not know my Uncle Bill he is AWESOME! My kids love him & I think they think that Uncle Bill is coming to see them in a few weeks instead of coming for Maggie's wedding. So for all of you coming with Uncle Bill watch out they will probably come out of the gates running to him. Yes, they love everyone, but there is something special about Bill. So Happy Bday & we cannot wait to see you. I will make up for the lateness of this by letting you spend more time with the kiddos in a few weeks - yes, you should be excited about this. So, the zoo, our sweet Auntie Kim came to Bham with her niece & nephew today & we took the kids to the zoo. We love the zoo! They have a train, an Auburn tig...