Skip to main content

Well . . . .It's Been a Year!

 March 13, 2020 I was volunteering at our sweet elementary school & listening to the conversations the teachers & administrators were having . . . even they thought their conversations sounded a little crazy.  Then as I spoke to more people I ended up being a part of the group discussion to not have afternoon activities, "let's just let everyone calm down & then re-evaluate on Monday." . . . . There was no Monday at the school - EVERYTHING stopped!

"Maybe we will take an extended Spring Break . . . okay maybe 3 weeks . . . !" 

Who knew we wouldn't go back until late August???

Who knew we would all consider wearing mask to be "normal?"

Who knew we wouldn't get in the car for 8 weeks?

Who knew?????  GOD DID!  

    He knew we would get through this year.

    He knew we would struggle & hurt, but come out closer & better as we get to the other side.

    He knew of riots & elections.

    The one true God is sovereign - even when we have questions.

We have been in a pandemic for over a year & yes my children have gotten on my nerves & I am sure I have gotten on theirs. We have been in a pandemic for over a year & I am sure the neighbors think we are crazy & we have learned more quirks of one another.  We have cried & celebrated .  We have questioned & taught.  We have realized we are living in unprecedented times & will always have a box of mask on hand,  We have been in a pandemic for over a year & are stronger because of it.

What have been this mommas favorite parts?

    Meals on the back porch

    RUMMIKUB!!

    Talks with Tara

    Mountains trip

    Farm trip

    Bible study with my kiddos

    4th of July sitting on the street

    Feet in a baby pool - if you know you know!

These things I will remember & cherish forever. In 20+ years when my grandkids study the pandemic  I have things saved, but will remember & share & minister.

To my children, thank you for the memories, the games, the conversations, the laughs, & the tears.

To my much better half, thank you for your protection & wisdom & care.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year 2025!

 Well, the end of 2024 caught us a little off-guard. So I am little late . . .  2024 started off with WFM5 turning 18! CRAZY! In the middle of 2024 Bay turned 21! CRAZY! Whitty is 17 & Baby Lee is in middle school! CRAZY! How can they be this old? How can 2 live in another city? How can the hubby be 50??! We had a lot of fun this year, we traveled & tailgated. We laughed & laughed some more.  We also grew this year inside & out, in times of tears & joy. We lost our sweet friend - Kim Haynes, our Auntie Kim. We had moments of telling her daughter that Mommy went to Heaven, we had hard conversations & times to say goodbye.  We had times of telling EK how wonderful her momma was. 2024 also sent another to AUBURN! Momma may have cried the whole way home. But to see him thrive brought Momma such joy.  Baylor (21) is studying education at AU & is having a blast with her cute friends, in her cute house. She stays busy with schools, concerts ...

I am going .. .

In the middle of a boring Super Bowl we put the kiddos in some pjs. So as I was getting the Baby a fresh diaper I told WFM5 to get his clothes off so we could put pjs on him. Now something you may not know about WFM5 is that some nights he sleeps with JUST pjs on. Who knows?? So anyway he took off his underwear & Marty said "Wait buddy leave on your underwear." What is a boy to say to that? "No daddy - I am going blonde tonight." WHAT? He meant "commando" TOO CUTE! ~jocelyn

Birthdays & the Zoo

A "Happy Birthday!" to my Uncle Bill. Yes, I am a day late, but the fabulous singing my kids did on your voicemail tonight should make up for that. I am so sorry that VBS falls close to your Bday & you don't always get a card - just the kids singing on the phone. If you do not know my Uncle Bill he is AWESOME! My kids love him & I think they think that Uncle Bill is coming to see them in a few weeks instead of coming for Maggie's wedding. So for all of you coming with Uncle Bill watch out they will probably come out of the gates running to him. Yes, they love everyone, but there is something special about Bill. So Happy Bday & we cannot wait to see you. I will make up for the lateness of this by letting you spend more time with the kiddos in a few weeks - yes, you should be excited about this. So, the zoo, our sweet Auntie Kim came to Bham with her niece & nephew today & we took the kids to the zoo. We love the zoo! They have a train, an Auburn tig...