Skip to main content

An Annual Thing Now . . . Almost 2020!

Well, a lot of my writing has been in book notes  & Bible study notes.  More on social media & texting the teens - A LOT of texting the teens. This will become a way to chronicle for my children my view on their adventures.
Y'all my family is amazing & exhausting all at the same time . . .
BAY is 16!! Baylor turned 16 this Summer, although with a hurt knee & fear of cars she still does not have her license. (I think I am the only Mom who is waiting for her 16 year old to drive)  She is rockin' high school & LOVES keeping that GPA above a 4.  She is involved in 4 different choirs, PLUS voice lessons, CFAP, small groups & a couple of clubs.  In other words - she makes a lot of plans for someone who does not like to drive - just sayin'. I love having a girl in our mix!
WFM5 is a teenage boy who loves to play jokes on his Momma & push a lot of buttons.  Soccer is ALL the time around here  . . . one day I will chronicle the hours I have spent watching kids run back & forth on a field.  He watches a lot of sports & still loves history & watching the news.  We have definitely bonded over detective shows, but I still cannot figure out how my little preemie is taller than me & about to be in high school.
WHITTY is in middle school & is doing GREAT! He followed the Martin way & joined the middle school choir.  He played some more soccer & has put together a lot of confusing Legos.  He can easily be found climbing a tree or leading an expedition into the creek. This boy is almost a teenager & always smarter than his Momma.  It was a sweet, tearful moment watching him join our church this Fall along side lifelong friends.
LEE-LEE  has started First Grade at a new school & LOVES it!  We have loved joining in the adventures of Dolly Ridge Elementary.  He played soccer & of course basketball is his "life."  Reading is coming along, but math is his favorite.  He is constantly running out the door (or climbing out a window) saying, "Bye Mom, going to play!"  He can also be found in a tree or creek.
My much better half is working hard, deaconing, helping with carpools, coaching & helping me remember the things I forget.  This coming Summer we will be married 20 years! ALL of those years he went above & beyond.
This momma can be found in the minivan most days or helping at a school, or the church.  If you don't see our minivan at a soccer field or in a carpool - you are WRONG it is really in one of those places, OR Target - I do love some Target-time.  It has been an adjustment with all 4 being in school all day, but I am handling the 2 second breaks pretty well.
Every year I say this, but there are a lot of changes in store for the Martins this year.  How will I have 2 in high school?  How have we been married 20 years, it seems just like yesterday?
May the Lord our God bless you & yours in 2020, may you know His grace & truth.
Merry Christmas! ~ the Martins
"To the King of the ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, 
be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen."
1 Timothy 1:17


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year 2025!

 Well, the end of 2024 caught us a little off-guard. So I am little late . . .  2024 started off with WFM5 turning 18! CRAZY! In the middle of 2024 Bay turned 21! CRAZY! Whitty is 17 & Baby Lee is in middle school! CRAZY! How can they be this old? How can 2 live in another city? How can the hubby be 50??! We had a lot of fun this year, we traveled & tailgated. We laughed & laughed some more.  We also grew this year inside & out, in times of tears & joy. We lost our sweet friend - Kim Haynes, our Auntie Kim. We had moments of telling her daughter that Mommy went to Heaven, we had hard conversations & times to say goodbye.  We had times of telling EK how wonderful her momma was. 2024 also sent another to AUBURN! Momma may have cried the whole way home. But to see him thrive brought Momma such joy.  Baylor (21) is studying education at AU & is having a blast with her cute friends, in her cute house. She stays busy with schools, concerts ...

I am going .. .

In the middle of a boring Super Bowl we put the kiddos in some pjs. So as I was getting the Baby a fresh diaper I told WFM5 to get his clothes off so we could put pjs on him. Now something you may not know about WFM5 is that some nights he sleeps with JUST pjs on. Who knows?? So anyway he took off his underwear & Marty said "Wait buddy leave on your underwear." What is a boy to say to that? "No daddy - I am going blonde tonight." WHAT? He meant "commando" TOO CUTE! ~jocelyn

Birthdays & the Zoo

A "Happy Birthday!" to my Uncle Bill. Yes, I am a day late, but the fabulous singing my kids did on your voicemail tonight should make up for that. I am so sorry that VBS falls close to your Bday & you don't always get a card - just the kids singing on the phone. If you do not know my Uncle Bill he is AWESOME! My kids love him & I think they think that Uncle Bill is coming to see them in a few weeks instead of coming for Maggie's wedding. So for all of you coming with Uncle Bill watch out they will probably come out of the gates running to him. Yes, they love everyone, but there is something special about Bill. So Happy Bday & we cannot wait to see you. I will make up for the lateness of this by letting you spend more time with the kiddos in a few weeks - yes, you should be excited about this. So, the zoo, our sweet Auntie Kim came to Bham with her niece & nephew today & we took the kids to the zoo. We love the zoo! They have a train, an Auburn tig...