Skip to main content

My Bubble . . .

March  . . . .It has become a joke, but we have a perfect little bubble for our little family.  Someone said one time, "you live in an old-fashioned neighborhood."  I truly do - kids play all over the place, we yell out the door at dinner time to come inside, there is always a pick-up game going on.
We sit on front stoops & tell the truths of our life.  We cheer each other on.
We do life - real life - together.
This is such a blessing to my children. I have started praying that they have the same thing in their lives when they are parenting.
October . . . .I could not remembered the last time that I blogged. I could not remember the last time I sat down & wrote my heart & their story.  I know blogging is going out-of-style, but for me this is the baby books that I could not handle.  They need to know the moments that meant something to me & our stories are a big part of their adventures.


We have gotten our hair cut for the craziest of reasons, we have celebrated just being brothers, & we have driven carpools.  We have gotten new vans & traveled & started school again.  We twirl & we kick. We have made the team & not made the team.  We have tried new things & still love the old things. We have broken things & fixed things.
I want to document the things of this time as it has been a time of learning for this mommy.  Learning that it does not all have to be just right, it does not all have to be the way I would have planned. You can drive the minivan (that you made your husband swear you would never drive) & you can forget a birthday & lose a kid (but just for a minute) & God is still God & He is sovereign & good & true.
We have watched as paths have been directed, we have prayed & watched as God answered.
We have been a family, a crazy family at that, but a family trying to be good & true.







We are doing a lot of growing up & with that comes some growing pains, but we are powering through.  We are on adventures, as individuals & as a family, but always with God steering the way.
One day they will look back & remember the stories behind these pictures . . . the convertible rides with grandparents in a scenery that only God could have made, a first day of school with friends who are more like family, a hike to look out over the world and a new puppy.  I am chronicling to remember & for them to have a piece of the memory.
Hebrews 12:2
Love, Mommy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year 2025!

 Well, the end of 2024 caught us a little off-guard. So I am little late . . .  2024 started off with WFM5 turning 18! CRAZY! In the middle of 2024 Bay turned 21! CRAZY! Whitty is 17 & Baby Lee is in middle school! CRAZY! How can they be this old? How can 2 live in another city? How can the hubby be 50??! We had a lot of fun this year, we traveled & tailgated. We laughed & laughed some more.  We also grew this year inside & out, in times of tears & joy. We lost our sweet friend - Kim Haynes, our Auntie Kim. We had moments of telling her daughter that Mommy went to Heaven, we had hard conversations & times to say goodbye.  We had times of telling EK how wonderful her momma was. 2024 also sent another to AUBURN! Momma may have cried the whole way home. But to see him thrive brought Momma such joy.  Baylor (21) is studying education at AU & is having a blast with her cute friends, in her cute house. She stays busy with schools, concerts ...

I am going .. .

In the middle of a boring Super Bowl we put the kiddos in some pjs. So as I was getting the Baby a fresh diaper I told WFM5 to get his clothes off so we could put pjs on him. Now something you may not know about WFM5 is that some nights he sleeps with JUST pjs on. Who knows?? So anyway he took off his underwear & Marty said "Wait buddy leave on your underwear." What is a boy to say to that? "No daddy - I am going blonde tonight." WHAT? He meant "commando" TOO CUTE! ~jocelyn

Birthdays & the Zoo

A "Happy Birthday!" to my Uncle Bill. Yes, I am a day late, but the fabulous singing my kids did on your voicemail tonight should make up for that. I am so sorry that VBS falls close to your Bday & you don't always get a card - just the kids singing on the phone. If you do not know my Uncle Bill he is AWESOME! My kids love him & I think they think that Uncle Bill is coming to see them in a few weeks instead of coming for Maggie's wedding. So for all of you coming with Uncle Bill watch out they will probably come out of the gates running to him. Yes, they love everyone, but there is something special about Bill. So Happy Bday & we cannot wait to see you. I will make up for the lateness of this by letting you spend more time with the kiddos in a few weeks - yes, you should be excited about this. So, the zoo, our sweet Auntie Kim came to Bham with her niece & nephew today & we took the kids to the zoo. We love the zoo! They have a train, an Auburn tig...