Skip to main content

School Days

I did send the kiddos back to school in August - I just forget to document it here.

Well kiddos, you have started another year in your EDUCATION!  That's right - the formative years of 7th, 5th, 3rd & 3 Year Pre-school have begun & we are trying to form you into SUPER SMART adults.  Actually, truth be told, we just want you to have some sense so you make "wise choices." (My favorite mommy saying) And at school they teach you reading & math so that one day you can follow directions on travels & back home to Mommy & you can balance YOUR bank account (aka- NOT ours).
The school year has started a little crazy & that is just going to be the norm around here for the next 16 years (that is when Lee goes to college). I am thinking now that I may send Lee to college with Baylor & let me help the 2 middle boys get through high school & then I can get Lee through middle school & high school  . . . .Anyway, I digress, we are having to work a little extra in 3rd grade this year, but everyone has something they struggle with & this is going to be our year to get through those struggles.  5th grade is "just fine, no worries" & 7th grade is "a little harder, but no worries, Mom." I was told pre-school would be better if they had a zipline on the playground, but there is only so much this Mommy can do.
Of course we have soccer, majorettes & flag football.  We have added in youth group, 3 Bible studies & Wednesday night church.  We are now in a carpool that covers 3, of the 4, schools.  We play in the neighborhood & keep the ATM machine busy with middle school football game concessions & tickets.  We cart "twirly girls" around & roll down the windows when the soccer boys are in the car (SMELLY!).
I love these 4 & miss them when they go back to school each Fall . . .Mommy
**Now I just have to find my back to school pictures

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year 2025!

 Well, the end of 2024 caught us a little off-guard. So I am little late . . .  2024 started off with WFM5 turning 18! CRAZY! In the middle of 2024 Bay turned 21! CRAZY! Whitty is 17 & Baby Lee is in middle school! CRAZY! How can they be this old? How can 2 live in another city? How can the hubby be 50??! We had a lot of fun this year, we traveled & tailgated. We laughed & laughed some more.  We also grew this year inside & out, in times of tears & joy. We lost our sweet friend - Kim Haynes, our Auntie Kim. We had moments of telling her daughter that Mommy went to Heaven, we had hard conversations & times to say goodbye.  We had times of telling EK how wonderful her momma was. 2024 also sent another to AUBURN! Momma may have cried the whole way home. But to see him thrive brought Momma such joy.  Baylor (21) is studying education at AU & is having a blast with her cute friends, in her cute house. She stays busy with schools, concerts ...

I am going .. .

In the middle of a boring Super Bowl we put the kiddos in some pjs. So as I was getting the Baby a fresh diaper I told WFM5 to get his clothes off so we could put pjs on him. Now something you may not know about WFM5 is that some nights he sleeps with JUST pjs on. Who knows?? So anyway he took off his underwear & Marty said "Wait buddy leave on your underwear." What is a boy to say to that? "No daddy - I am going blonde tonight." WHAT? He meant "commando" TOO CUTE! ~jocelyn

Birthdays & the Zoo

A "Happy Birthday!" to my Uncle Bill. Yes, I am a day late, but the fabulous singing my kids did on your voicemail tonight should make up for that. I am so sorry that VBS falls close to your Bday & you don't always get a card - just the kids singing on the phone. If you do not know my Uncle Bill he is AWESOME! My kids love him & I think they think that Uncle Bill is coming to see them in a few weeks instead of coming for Maggie's wedding. So for all of you coming with Uncle Bill watch out they will probably come out of the gates running to him. Yes, they love everyone, but there is something special about Bill. So Happy Bday & we cannot wait to see you. I will make up for the lateness of this by letting you spend more time with the kiddos in a few weeks - yes, you should be excited about this. So, the zoo, our sweet Auntie Kim came to Bham with her niece & nephew today & we took the kids to the zoo. We love the zoo! They have a train, an Auburn tig...