Skip to main content

My girl is 13!




This girl is turning 13 tomorrow!
This girl is growing up SUPER fast & turning out to be SUPER pretty!
She has her act together & works at keeping the rest of us together - it truly is an impossible job.
She is smart & funny & organized & responsible. She is pretty close to darn near perfect.
What will happen over the next 13 years for this girl of mine?  HUGE life-changing things will happen - big, fun, exciting, world view defining things will happen to her.  I pray I get to be a part of these things, these adventures.  The good and the bad will shape her & the rest of her life.  She will be more independent, more grown-up, BUT she will always be mine.
My first baby, my one that didn't sleep.  My one that taught me so much about me.  I was scared to death to have a girl, but the adventure is one that cannot be matched.  Yes, there is a lot of responsibility in raising a girl (I feel more pressure for some reason) but you are in the middle of a miraculous adventure that will be full of laughing & drama & tears & friends & all things pink & colorful & creative.
We love our Princess and cannot imagine our home without her.  Yes, I know I have only a few years left with her always upstairs, but I pray they are cherished.
Bay, we pray wisdom  for you.  We pray that you may desire the Lord with all your heart.
Love, Mommy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year 2025!

 Well, the end of 2024 caught us a little off-guard. So I am little late . . .  2024 started off with WFM5 turning 18! CRAZY! In the middle of 2024 Bay turned 21! CRAZY! Whitty is 17 & Baby Lee is in middle school! CRAZY! How can they be this old? How can 2 live in another city? How can the hubby be 50??! We had a lot of fun this year, we traveled & tailgated. We laughed & laughed some more.  We also grew this year inside & out, in times of tears & joy. We lost our sweet friend - Kim Haynes, our Auntie Kim. We had moments of telling her daughter that Mommy went to Heaven, we had hard conversations & times to say goodbye.  We had times of telling EK how wonderful her momma was. 2024 also sent another to AUBURN! Momma may have cried the whole way home. But to see him thrive brought Momma such joy.  Baylor (21) is studying education at AU & is having a blast with her cute friends, in her cute house. She stays busy with schools, concerts ...

I am going .. .

In the middle of a boring Super Bowl we put the kiddos in some pjs. So as I was getting the Baby a fresh diaper I told WFM5 to get his clothes off so we could put pjs on him. Now something you may not know about WFM5 is that some nights he sleeps with JUST pjs on. Who knows?? So anyway he took off his underwear & Marty said "Wait buddy leave on your underwear." What is a boy to say to that? "No daddy - I am going blonde tonight." WHAT? He meant "commando" TOO CUTE! ~jocelyn

Birthdays & the Zoo

A "Happy Birthday!" to my Uncle Bill. Yes, I am a day late, but the fabulous singing my kids did on your voicemail tonight should make up for that. I am so sorry that VBS falls close to your Bday & you don't always get a card - just the kids singing on the phone. If you do not know my Uncle Bill he is AWESOME! My kids love him & I think they think that Uncle Bill is coming to see them in a few weeks instead of coming for Maggie's wedding. So for all of you coming with Uncle Bill watch out they will probably come out of the gates running to him. Yes, they love everyone, but there is something special about Bill. So Happy Bday & we cannot wait to see you. I will make up for the lateness of this by letting you spend more time with the kiddos in a few weeks - yes, you should be excited about this. So, the zoo, our sweet Auntie Kim came to Bham with her niece & nephew today & we took the kids to the zoo. We love the zoo! They have a train, an Auburn tig...