Skip to main content

Christmas Letter 2015


MERRY CHRISTMAS!
from the Martin Crew

"Merry Christmas to all & to all a good night!"
Our nights around here are a little loud & crazy.  We go from soccer, to baton, to football.  Then we throw in some church time & Daddy has client meetings.  At some point we find some dinner & study for some A's.  We try to bathe & brush our teeth & then at some point we climb in to bed.
It sounds crazy & those are just the hours between 5 & 9 PM.
Life is good in this family of 6, but we definitely do not slow down.

Well, maybe our princess slows down when she is reading a book - her favorite past time.
She has started MIDDLE SCHOOL & loves it!  She rocks locker decorating & cannot make any grade below an A if she tried.

"W" number 1 definitely does not slow down.  He runs up & down any soccer field he can find & I believe he talked his teacher into basketball in the classroom.  He runs from one outside game to the next in the neighborhood & can often be found setting up goal lines in the street.

"W" number 2 is more quiet than the others, but has a huge imagination that Mommy loves to get glimpses of.   He loves 2nd grade & made an AWESOME touchdown in flag football.  If he is not tackling his brother then you can probably find him trying to slow down with a video game.

Baby is 3!  Baby is always right & knows what to tell everyone to do.  He will tell you when he does not feel like driving carpool, but then negotiates his way through the afternoon carpool session, usually coming out on top.  He uses more words in a day than the other 3 combined.

SuperDaddy is excelling at his job!  He stays busy with work & of course helping out with sports teams.  He & Baby make Costco runs like nobody's business.  You know the favorite part of his day is coming home & finding that I haven't lost one yet.

I love watching this crew.  I love watching them grow, explore & find out more about themselves.  I love standing & talking to the neighbors & realizing I am not the only momma cooking chicken nuggets again.

We strive everyday to teach them truths of Scripture, but in reality some days are just spent looking for the pet turtle under the refrigerator.
(By the way, pet turtles are so easy - we love Sniper!)

Psalm 78:4
"We will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord"

We are busy here in "the Ham,"  but at the end of the day we love & laugh & find a turtle.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Luke 2:19

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year 2025!

 Well, the end of 2024 caught us a little off-guard. So I am little late . . .  2024 started off with WFM5 turning 18! CRAZY! In the middle of 2024 Bay turned 21! CRAZY! Whitty is 17 & Baby Lee is in middle school! CRAZY! How can they be this old? How can 2 live in another city? How can the hubby be 50??! We had a lot of fun this year, we traveled & tailgated. We laughed & laughed some more.  We also grew this year inside & out, in times of tears & joy. We lost our sweet friend - Kim Haynes, our Auntie Kim. We had moments of telling her daughter that Mommy went to Heaven, we had hard conversations & times to say goodbye.  We had times of telling EK how wonderful her momma was. 2024 also sent another to AUBURN! Momma may have cried the whole way home. But to see him thrive brought Momma such joy.  Baylor (21) is studying education at AU & is having a blast with her cute friends, in her cute house. She stays busy with schools, concerts ...

I am going .. .

In the middle of a boring Super Bowl we put the kiddos in some pjs. So as I was getting the Baby a fresh diaper I told WFM5 to get his clothes off so we could put pjs on him. Now something you may not know about WFM5 is that some nights he sleeps with JUST pjs on. Who knows?? So anyway he took off his underwear & Marty said "Wait buddy leave on your underwear." What is a boy to say to that? "No daddy - I am going blonde tonight." WHAT? He meant "commando" TOO CUTE! ~jocelyn

Birthdays & the Zoo

A "Happy Birthday!" to my Uncle Bill. Yes, I am a day late, but the fabulous singing my kids did on your voicemail tonight should make up for that. I am so sorry that VBS falls close to your Bday & you don't always get a card - just the kids singing on the phone. If you do not know my Uncle Bill he is AWESOME! My kids love him & I think they think that Uncle Bill is coming to see them in a few weeks instead of coming for Maggie's wedding. So for all of you coming with Uncle Bill watch out they will probably come out of the gates running to him. Yes, they love everyone, but there is something special about Bill. So Happy Bday & we cannot wait to see you. I will make up for the lateness of this by letting you spend more time with the kiddos in a few weeks - yes, you should be excited about this. So, the zoo, our sweet Auntie Kim came to Bham with her niece & nephew today & we took the kids to the zoo. We love the zoo! They have a train, an Auburn tig...