Skip to main content

You Hurt When They Hurt


When you are in a family & one person is laughing then more people start to laugh.
Well, the same goes with hurting - when one is hurting we all hurt. Well, when you are the mom & one of your little ones is hurting then you HURT, HURT.
My sweet boy has had random stomach pains for about 2 years.  There is no pattern (we have tried to find one), there is no sign of them coming (we have tried to find one), there has not been an answer, but this momma ain't stopping until she finds one.
He & I were at the specialist the other day for 2+ hours & have started all over again to find some answers.
We found some answers.  They were answers that did not involve surgery & scary words.  We will fix him slowly.
I thought about other mommas in some of these scary moments & how awful it must be to have a really sick child.  My child was not on death's bed, but there were mommas around me whose babies were.
The fears were real for me & I was scared, but I knew quickly that my child would get better some of the others did not have that easy answer.
What if . . . ???  I would have loved on him even harder & so I did in that small hospital room with the other mommas crying next door - I loved on him harder.  I may have kept him home from school a little extra because those mommas couldn't have their babies at home.
He is amazing & he is mine for a time & he is getting healthier quick.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year 2025!

 Well, the end of 2024 caught us a little off-guard. So I am little late . . .  2024 started off with WFM5 turning 18! CRAZY! In the middle of 2024 Bay turned 21! CRAZY! Whitty is 17 & Baby Lee is in middle school! CRAZY! How can they be this old? How can 2 live in another city? How can the hubby be 50??! We had a lot of fun this year, we traveled & tailgated. We laughed & laughed some more.  We also grew this year inside & out, in times of tears & joy. We lost our sweet friend - Kim Haynes, our Auntie Kim. We had moments of telling her daughter that Mommy went to Heaven, we had hard conversations & times to say goodbye.  We had times of telling EK how wonderful her momma was. 2024 also sent another to AUBURN! Momma may have cried the whole way home. But to see him thrive brought Momma such joy.  Baylor (21) is studying education at AU & is having a blast with her cute friends, in her cute house. She stays busy with schools, concerts ...

I am going .. .

In the middle of a boring Super Bowl we put the kiddos in some pjs. So as I was getting the Baby a fresh diaper I told WFM5 to get his clothes off so we could put pjs on him. Now something you may not know about WFM5 is that some nights he sleeps with JUST pjs on. Who knows?? So anyway he took off his underwear & Marty said "Wait buddy leave on your underwear." What is a boy to say to that? "No daddy - I am going blonde tonight." WHAT? He meant "commando" TOO CUTE! ~jocelyn

Birthdays & the Zoo

A "Happy Birthday!" to my Uncle Bill. Yes, I am a day late, but the fabulous singing my kids did on your voicemail tonight should make up for that. I am so sorry that VBS falls close to your Bday & you don't always get a card - just the kids singing on the phone. If you do not know my Uncle Bill he is AWESOME! My kids love him & I think they think that Uncle Bill is coming to see them in a few weeks instead of coming for Maggie's wedding. So for all of you coming with Uncle Bill watch out they will probably come out of the gates running to him. Yes, they love everyone, but there is something special about Bill. So Happy Bday & we cannot wait to see you. I will make up for the lateness of this by letting you spend more time with the kiddos in a few weeks - yes, you should be excited about this. So, the zoo, our sweet Auntie Kim came to Bham with her niece & nephew today & we took the kids to the zoo. We love the zoo! They have a train, an Auburn tig...