Skip to main content

Moments

Moments of fun & laughter.
Moments of tears.
Moments of fear.
Moments of joy.
All these moments are times when we need to remind ourselves - GOD IS SOVEREIGN!

As I sat at the hospital today I sat with some of my original gang I cried.  God placed me in this family in HIS omniscient plan we are where we are supposed to be.  The hospital waiting room was not on our radar, but on HIS.  It was there we prayed & cried & laughed & counted our Mom as one of our top blessings.

Prayers - the C word is scary.
Prayers - for doctor's steady hands & wisdom.
Prayers & rejoicing - the lymph nodes are clear.
Prayers of thankfulness for putting me with this bunch.

There are times people thought my parents were crazy for having 6 kiddos.  (I get funny reactions sometimes when I tell people I have 4.)  Well, if you were there today you saw a family who places God first.  The moments like today, full of every emotion under the sun, are moments when I want to say, "Look at this crazy family - we are conquering cancer with prayers & tears & laughter."

I love y'all!  I love my hubby for sitting quietly by my side, while we waited.  I fell better knowing he is there for all of us.  I love having a hubby who would do anything for our crazy big family.  I love my dad for bringing me into faith.  I love my mom for the role model she is to so many.  My siblings are some of the best people I know & a part of my forever.  My friends & family who prayed & texted & wrangled kiddos.  Thank y'all for everything


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year 2025!

 Well, the end of 2024 caught us a little off-guard. So I am little late . . .  2024 started off with WFM5 turning 18! CRAZY! In the middle of 2024 Bay turned 21! CRAZY! Whitty is 17 & Baby Lee is in middle school! CRAZY! How can they be this old? How can 2 live in another city? How can the hubby be 50??! We had a lot of fun this year, we traveled & tailgated. We laughed & laughed some more.  We also grew this year inside & out, in times of tears & joy. We lost our sweet friend - Kim Haynes, our Auntie Kim. We had moments of telling her daughter that Mommy went to Heaven, we had hard conversations & times to say goodbye.  We had times of telling EK how wonderful her momma was. 2024 also sent another to AUBURN! Momma may have cried the whole way home. But to see him thrive brought Momma such joy.  Baylor (21) is studying education at AU & is having a blast with her cute friends, in her cute house. She stays busy with schools, concerts ...

I am going .. .

In the middle of a boring Super Bowl we put the kiddos in some pjs. So as I was getting the Baby a fresh diaper I told WFM5 to get his clothes off so we could put pjs on him. Now something you may not know about WFM5 is that some nights he sleeps with JUST pjs on. Who knows?? So anyway he took off his underwear & Marty said "Wait buddy leave on your underwear." What is a boy to say to that? "No daddy - I am going blonde tonight." WHAT? He meant "commando" TOO CUTE! ~jocelyn

Birthdays & the Zoo

A "Happy Birthday!" to my Uncle Bill. Yes, I am a day late, but the fabulous singing my kids did on your voicemail tonight should make up for that. I am so sorry that VBS falls close to your Bday & you don't always get a card - just the kids singing on the phone. If you do not know my Uncle Bill he is AWESOME! My kids love him & I think they think that Uncle Bill is coming to see them in a few weeks instead of coming for Maggie's wedding. So for all of you coming with Uncle Bill watch out they will probably come out of the gates running to him. Yes, they love everyone, but there is something special about Bill. So Happy Bday & we cannot wait to see you. I will make up for the lateness of this by letting you spend more time with the kiddos in a few weeks - yes, you should be excited about this. So, the zoo, our sweet Auntie Kim came to Bham with her niece & nephew today & we took the kids to the zoo. We love the zoo! They have a train, an Auburn tig...