Skip to main content

A small word

I love quotes.  I love just looking up inspirational quotes & finding, well, inspiration.  Tonight I came across a few quotes on Pinterest & came across quite a few that were talking about "being free."  Most implying that when you . . . you will feel free.
I am not free, I am a little tied down, BUT that is the way I like it.  I cannot just pick up & go somewhere or do whatever I want completely free.  I have a husband and kids and responsibilities.  I have people who count on me.  I like it that way.  Those people are who I do life with & those are the people I WANT to be with & I do not need to be free.
I have grace.  It is much better than "being free."  I have grace from God as a gift.
I do live in a free country & have many freedoms, but I cannot just up & do whatever I want for myself.
I do not see it as a negative thing.  Would I want to do life any other way?  NO
Sure I have moments when I am alone in my car & the quiet is nice because our minds do need moments of stillness.
Am I free to leave?  No, my heart would not want it that way.  We are attached, for life, for good & bad & in-between.
I took vows before God & I want it that way.  I promised in the Sacraments to "honor" and then "to raise in the way of God."  I have publicly vowed before God 5 times to these people - this is how it is meant to be.
6 people doing life together - HIS plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year 2025!

 Well, the end of 2024 caught us a little off-guard. So I am little late . . .  2024 started off with WFM5 turning 18! CRAZY! In the middle of 2024 Bay turned 21! CRAZY! Whitty is 17 & Baby Lee is in middle school! CRAZY! How can they be this old? How can 2 live in another city? How can the hubby be 50??! We had a lot of fun this year, we traveled & tailgated. We laughed & laughed some more.  We also grew this year inside & out, in times of tears & joy. We lost our sweet friend - Kim Haynes, our Auntie Kim. We had moments of telling her daughter that Mommy went to Heaven, we had hard conversations & times to say goodbye.  We had times of telling EK how wonderful her momma was. 2024 also sent another to AUBURN! Momma may have cried the whole way home. But to see him thrive brought Momma such joy.  Baylor (21) is studying education at AU & is having a blast with her cute friends, in her cute house. She stays busy with schools, concerts ...

I am going .. .

In the middle of a boring Super Bowl we put the kiddos in some pjs. So as I was getting the Baby a fresh diaper I told WFM5 to get his clothes off so we could put pjs on him. Now something you may not know about WFM5 is that some nights he sleeps with JUST pjs on. Who knows?? So anyway he took off his underwear & Marty said "Wait buddy leave on your underwear." What is a boy to say to that? "No daddy - I am going blonde tonight." WHAT? He meant "commando" TOO CUTE! ~jocelyn

Birthdays & the Zoo

A "Happy Birthday!" to my Uncle Bill. Yes, I am a day late, but the fabulous singing my kids did on your voicemail tonight should make up for that. I am so sorry that VBS falls close to your Bday & you don't always get a card - just the kids singing on the phone. If you do not know my Uncle Bill he is AWESOME! My kids love him & I think they think that Uncle Bill is coming to see them in a few weeks instead of coming for Maggie's wedding. So for all of you coming with Uncle Bill watch out they will probably come out of the gates running to him. Yes, they love everyone, but there is something special about Bill. So Happy Bday & we cannot wait to see you. I will make up for the lateness of this by letting you spend more time with the kiddos in a few weeks - yes, you should be excited about this. So, the zoo, our sweet Auntie Kim came to Bham with her niece & nephew today & we took the kids to the zoo. We love the zoo! They have a train, an Auburn tig...