Skip to main content

Not Mine

I wrote a post earlier this morning AND THEN . . . it changed.
Littlest Baby was wide awake & wanted to play - so cute.
Have you ever seen "The Croods?"  Cute movie (minus the evolution) & they have an animal that says,  "dunh dun duuuun"  when something is happening.
Well, Littlest Baby tripped over a blanket that he had put there & chipped 2 teeth & knocked another one slightly loose & his top lip & gums are swollen.
Still = perfect patient
I was home from 2 doctors offices (tubes & dentist) by 10 AM with sick Whitty in tow.

This morning as the nurses took Littlest to start his gas for the tubes - I prayed & for God's love & protection to follow him beyond those doors.  I then comforted myself (we all know I do not share my babies well) by saying over & over again, "He is yours God. He is yours."
They are not mine, I only have them for a time.  I do not share well, but they are not mine.  I do not know how long I will have them - forever would not be long enough, but they are not mine.  I know tubes are not a big deal, but when you witnessed Bay's seizures at 18 months & seen Littlest in his first hours (not well) then each small thing tugs at you heart a little more.

The sweet dentist said, "I am sure we will have many more visits like this one."  I just smiled & told him to watch out for us Martins . . .Let the games begin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year 2025!

 Well, the end of 2024 caught us a little off-guard. So I am little late . . .  2024 started off with WFM5 turning 18! CRAZY! In the middle of 2024 Bay turned 21! CRAZY! Whitty is 17 & Baby Lee is in middle school! CRAZY! How can they be this old? How can 2 live in another city? How can the hubby be 50??! We had a lot of fun this year, we traveled & tailgated. We laughed & laughed some more.  We also grew this year inside & out, in times of tears & joy. We lost our sweet friend - Kim Haynes, our Auntie Kim. We had moments of telling her daughter that Mommy went to Heaven, we had hard conversations & times to say goodbye.  We had times of telling EK how wonderful her momma was. 2024 also sent another to AUBURN! Momma may have cried the whole way home. But to see him thrive brought Momma such joy.  Baylor (21) is studying education at AU & is having a blast with her cute friends, in her cute house. She stays busy with schools, concerts ...

I am going .. .

In the middle of a boring Super Bowl we put the kiddos in some pjs. So as I was getting the Baby a fresh diaper I told WFM5 to get his clothes off so we could put pjs on him. Now something you may not know about WFM5 is that some nights he sleeps with JUST pjs on. Who knows?? So anyway he took off his underwear & Marty said "Wait buddy leave on your underwear." What is a boy to say to that? "No daddy - I am going blonde tonight." WHAT? He meant "commando" TOO CUTE! ~jocelyn

Birthdays & the Zoo

A "Happy Birthday!" to my Uncle Bill. Yes, I am a day late, but the fabulous singing my kids did on your voicemail tonight should make up for that. I am so sorry that VBS falls close to your Bday & you don't always get a card - just the kids singing on the phone. If you do not know my Uncle Bill he is AWESOME! My kids love him & I think they think that Uncle Bill is coming to see them in a few weeks instead of coming for Maggie's wedding. So for all of you coming with Uncle Bill watch out they will probably come out of the gates running to him. Yes, they love everyone, but there is something special about Bill. So Happy Bday & we cannot wait to see you. I will make up for the lateness of this by letting you spend more time with the kiddos in a few weeks - yes, you should be excited about this. So, the zoo, our sweet Auntie Kim came to Bham with her niece & nephew today & we took the kids to the zoo. We love the zoo! They have a train, an Auburn tig...