Skip to main content

My Christmas Letter

Merry Christmas from the Martins!
We are a little older & hopefully a little wiser.  (At least that is our story & I am stickin’ to it!) 
We have 4 kiddos, the same as last year, meaning I haven’t lost one  - YET.  And you know we could not put an imposter in the picture since they all 4 look exactly alike.  My grandmother use to say, maybe one day I will get one that looks like me, but I am done trying.  (Actually, I think I have said those words before.)

Anyway, what you really want to know is what we are up to . . .

Let’s begin at the beginning . . . Marty is growing his career & I was stopped, by multiple people at the company Christmas party, to say how proud they are of the work he is doing.  I love that for him!  He had a MUCH easier AU football season than last & got to go to most of the games.  We are headed to the big game in CALIFORNIA & we are so excited!  He is still & always will be SuperDaddy!  He is everyone’s favorite person & is so involved in the kiddos’ lives.  I love that!

Baylor is 10 – we are double digits here people!  She is in 4th grade & on the student council.  We just finished soccer & then a basketball camp.  We are still loving at & dolls & have now learned to love the art of shopping – if we are shopping for ourselves that is.  She definitely has her own sense of style & is confident.  She is sweet & helpful & everyone’s friend.

William is our 7 (almost 8) year old 2nd grader.  We tackled tackle football this Fall & loved to show mom the bruises each night after practice.  I have never seen a cuter Safety in any other game.  We are starting basketball & of course I think he is the best, but then again so does he =)  He is smart like Sissy & is growing way to fast. He is still my joker & I love seeing his sweet heart come out around the baby.

Whitt is too cute for words.  Turning 6 is exciting ! And Kindergarten is GREAT! He is learning to read & be a sweet friend.  He is learning math & will surpass Mommy just as fast as the other 2.  He loved soccer with cousin Thomas this FALL & was AWESOME!  He is starting basketball as well & having fun with new friends.    He loves helping with Baby & his imagination is taking him on new adventures everyday!

Baby Lee, last but not least, is a sweet, go-with- the-flow kinda’ guy.  He turned 1 a few weeks ago & loved celebrating with his ousins.  He ADORES his siblings & watches every move they make.  He is learning a few words & finally “MaMa” was his first!  He is a big baby & as soon as he decides he is ready he will be really fast.  He loves tagging along with the older 3 & we are glad he is a part of the team!

That is the crew in a nutshell.  Mommy is driving everyone around & I still enjoy helping out with projects at our church.  I am looking forward to a trip to Pasadena & cheering on the TIGERS!

We went to a church service this evening & they sang a new song “Joseph’s Lullaby.”  Obviously from the point of Jesus’ earthly father as he looked down at the newborn baby . . .it made me realize that I had a newborn last year & now look at him getting in to everything & I have to worry about that, but what did Mary & Joseph worry about?  I cannot begin to imagine what was going through their heads.  Did they think about His death?  Did they think about what was before their baby?  I cried as I listened to the words.  Every baby has so much promise & dreams before them, but nothing compares . . . I look at our little ones & am excited to join them on their journeys of childhood & beyond & I can only pray that they realize the true meaning of Christmas is that someone had a baby in a dirty stable & knew there baby was born to die to save the world.
I cannot imagine what the first Christmas was really like, but I pray yours is filled with the love of family & the gift of God.

Merry Christmas from our family to yours,
Jocelyn & Marty & crew

P.S. Of course the baby can do “WAR EAGLE!”  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year 2025!

 Well, the end of 2024 caught us a little off-guard. So I am little late . . .  2024 started off with WFM5 turning 18! CRAZY! In the middle of 2024 Bay turned 21! CRAZY! Whitty is 17 & Baby Lee is in middle school! CRAZY! How can they be this old? How can 2 live in another city? How can the hubby be 50??! We had a lot of fun this year, we traveled & tailgated. We laughed & laughed some more.  We also grew this year inside & out, in times of tears & joy. We lost our sweet friend - Kim Haynes, our Auntie Kim. We had moments of telling her daughter that Mommy went to Heaven, we had hard conversations & times to say goodbye.  We had times of telling EK how wonderful her momma was. 2024 also sent another to AUBURN! Momma may have cried the whole way home. But to see him thrive brought Momma such joy.  Baylor (21) is studying education at AU & is having a blast with her cute friends, in her cute house. She stays busy with schools, concerts ...

I am going .. .

In the middle of a boring Super Bowl we put the kiddos in some pjs. So as I was getting the Baby a fresh diaper I told WFM5 to get his clothes off so we could put pjs on him. Now something you may not know about WFM5 is that some nights he sleeps with JUST pjs on. Who knows?? So anyway he took off his underwear & Marty said "Wait buddy leave on your underwear." What is a boy to say to that? "No daddy - I am going blonde tonight." WHAT? He meant "commando" TOO CUTE! ~jocelyn

Birthdays & the Zoo

A "Happy Birthday!" to my Uncle Bill. Yes, I am a day late, but the fabulous singing my kids did on your voicemail tonight should make up for that. I am so sorry that VBS falls close to your Bday & you don't always get a card - just the kids singing on the phone. If you do not know my Uncle Bill he is AWESOME! My kids love him & I think they think that Uncle Bill is coming to see them in a few weeks instead of coming for Maggie's wedding. So for all of you coming with Uncle Bill watch out they will probably come out of the gates running to him. Yes, they love everyone, but there is something special about Bill. So Happy Bday & we cannot wait to see you. I will make up for the lateness of this by letting you spend more time with the kiddos in a few weeks - yes, you should be excited about this. So, the zoo, our sweet Auntie Kim came to Bham with her niece & nephew today & we took the kids to the zoo. We love the zoo! They have a train, an Auburn tig...