Skip to main content

1 Month Today

My sweetest littlest one is 1 month old today - almost exactly right now.  He has been my easiest baby by far & everyone has adjusted so well.  He has his 1 month appt later this week so we will see how big he is, but I know he is 9+ pounds easy.  He eats 3 - 4 oz every 3 hours & sleeps most of the time in between, except for a little bit in the AM.  If you catch us in the car, do NOT make us stop because he will SCREAM & if you hear I am changing a diaper COVER YOUR EARS - those are the only times he cries.
I realized I did not record his birth story so here it goes . . . (more for my sake)
We were induced the morning of December 6th.  We were sure he would come earlier, but I had just stopped progressing so wonderful Dr. Adcock gave me some relief.  I could not breathe the last few weeks because he was so high, but to everyone else that seemed to be a minor detail - it was hell for me (pardon my French.)  So, on the morning of December 6th we set out to the hospital & checked in & Dr. Adcock started the pitocin & broke my water.  No one had seen that much amniotic fluid come out of a person.  He was so comfy in there, he could have stayed for A LOT longer.  I started having good contractions pretty quickly & progressed well & we were sure he would come by lunch, but then he stopped.  He literally put up his hands & stopped. I could not push him out.  I started pushing a little after lunch & he just pro-tested.  He was born at 2:30 in the afternoon after pushing for 1.5 hours+ some.  I was in some pain because he stopped on my tailbone for over an hour.  The dr said I could take a break & I said no way - I was getting this baby out.
When I saw my baby & he was immediately put on my chest I knew something was different about this baby.  His coloring was off & his cry was different. I looked straight at the nurse & she smiled, but then took him & he quit crying all together.  I realized something was going on & everyone got quiet.  Sweet baby was not breathing very well & was very pale.  He had a slight heart mur-mur as well.  They let me do skin-to-skin for a little bit & the kiddos got to see him for a few minutes, but as soon as they checked him again he was doing worse. They took the baby to the transition nursery & only Marty & I could be there.  We were there for a few hours until his breathing calmed down & he ate & then his coloring got better.  We watched over his heart murmur for the next few days, but he was able to come into our hospital room that evening.  My baby was sick, but thankfully just for a little while - I cannot imagine having a truly sick baby.
He is a precious, healthy baby today.  He has slept most of the day & just took his first trip outside to the ice cream truck.
How fun to have a #4 Bonus Baby - Jocelyn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year 2025!

 Well, the end of 2024 caught us a little off-guard. So I am little late . . .  2024 started off with WFM5 turning 18! CRAZY! In the middle of 2024 Bay turned 21! CRAZY! Whitty is 17 & Baby Lee is in middle school! CRAZY! How can they be this old? How can 2 live in another city? How can the hubby be 50??! We had a lot of fun this year, we traveled & tailgated. We laughed & laughed some more.  We also grew this year inside & out, in times of tears & joy. We lost our sweet friend - Kim Haynes, our Auntie Kim. We had moments of telling her daughter that Mommy went to Heaven, we had hard conversations & times to say goodbye.  We had times of telling EK how wonderful her momma was. 2024 also sent another to AUBURN! Momma may have cried the whole way home. But to see him thrive brought Momma such joy.  Baylor (21) is studying education at AU & is having a blast with her cute friends, in her cute house. She stays busy with schools, concerts ...

I am going .. .

In the middle of a boring Super Bowl we put the kiddos in some pjs. So as I was getting the Baby a fresh diaper I told WFM5 to get his clothes off so we could put pjs on him. Now something you may not know about WFM5 is that some nights he sleeps with JUST pjs on. Who knows?? So anyway he took off his underwear & Marty said "Wait buddy leave on your underwear." What is a boy to say to that? "No daddy - I am going blonde tonight." WHAT? He meant "commando" TOO CUTE! ~jocelyn

Birthdays & the Zoo

A "Happy Birthday!" to my Uncle Bill. Yes, I am a day late, but the fabulous singing my kids did on your voicemail tonight should make up for that. I am so sorry that VBS falls close to your Bday & you don't always get a card - just the kids singing on the phone. If you do not know my Uncle Bill he is AWESOME! My kids love him & I think they think that Uncle Bill is coming to see them in a few weeks instead of coming for Maggie's wedding. So for all of you coming with Uncle Bill watch out they will probably come out of the gates running to him. Yes, they love everyone, but there is something special about Bill. So Happy Bday & we cannot wait to see you. I will make up for the lateness of this by letting you spend more time with the kiddos in a few weeks - yes, you should be excited about this. So, the zoo, our sweet Auntie Kim came to Bham with her niece & nephew today & we took the kids to the zoo. We love the zoo! They have a train, an Auburn tig...