Skip to main content

Random




Been sick around here & a lot going on all at the same time & now I cannot sleep. (But it was a good coke)

Many random thoughts as I am awake this late. We have friends with a sick baby & friends traveling & tons going on & it all makes me think about what is important & what am I doing about it.

I need to (want to) take a misson trip, but I hate leaving my kids - is God asking me to grow? Is my sweet suburbia my mission field? I may not be in the huts in African orphanages, so what does my ministry look like? Is it what God wants it to look like? I hope so . . . I pray that I am following Him & what He has in store for us. These 3 blessings are at beautiful points in their lives - they are my mission field. Them & their friends & the families that God puts in my path. I am not called to the pulpit (everyone can breathe a sigh of relief) but I am called to serve & at this stage in our lives serving looks like a meal & laundry & a carpool & a playdate. I pray I will know when it is time to expand & make it look differently. Although I have a feeling the laundry mission will forever be on the list.

Time for this Mommy to sleep

Ex. 33:10 "My presence will go with you & I will give you rest."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year 2025!

 Well, the end of 2024 caught us a little off-guard. So I am little late . . .  2024 started off with WFM5 turning 18! CRAZY! In the middle of 2024 Bay turned 21! CRAZY! Whitty is 17 & Baby Lee is in middle school! CRAZY! How can they be this old? How can 2 live in another city? How can the hubby be 50??! We had a lot of fun this year, we traveled & tailgated. We laughed & laughed some more.  We also grew this year inside & out, in times of tears & joy. We lost our sweet friend - Kim Haynes, our Auntie Kim. We had moments of telling her daughter that Mommy went to Heaven, we had hard conversations & times to say goodbye.  We had times of telling EK how wonderful her momma was. 2024 also sent another to AUBURN! Momma may have cried the whole way home. But to see him thrive brought Momma such joy.  Baylor (21) is studying education at AU & is having a blast with her cute friends, in her cute house. She stays busy with schools, concerts ...

I am going .. .

In the middle of a boring Super Bowl we put the kiddos in some pjs. So as I was getting the Baby a fresh diaper I told WFM5 to get his clothes off so we could put pjs on him. Now something you may not know about WFM5 is that some nights he sleeps with JUST pjs on. Who knows?? So anyway he took off his underwear & Marty said "Wait buddy leave on your underwear." What is a boy to say to that? "No daddy - I am going blonde tonight." WHAT? He meant "commando" TOO CUTE! ~jocelyn

Birthdays & the Zoo

A "Happy Birthday!" to my Uncle Bill. Yes, I am a day late, but the fabulous singing my kids did on your voicemail tonight should make up for that. I am so sorry that VBS falls close to your Bday & you don't always get a card - just the kids singing on the phone. If you do not know my Uncle Bill he is AWESOME! My kids love him & I think they think that Uncle Bill is coming to see them in a few weeks instead of coming for Maggie's wedding. So for all of you coming with Uncle Bill watch out they will probably come out of the gates running to him. Yes, they love everyone, but there is something special about Bill. So Happy Bday & we cannot wait to see you. I will make up for the lateness of this by letting you spend more time with the kiddos in a few weeks - yes, you should be excited about this. So, the zoo, our sweet Auntie Kim came to Bham with her niece & nephew today & we took the kids to the zoo. We love the zoo! They have a train, an Auburn tig...