Skip to main content

My Christmas Letter

When I was a younger we used to love getting Christmas cards in the mail & reading the Christmas letters that accompanied them. We would hear about other families & friends that we only saw every so often. So for the past few years I have not gotten it together enough to put my own family letter together - no great excuses - just couldn't get it together.
This is my Christmas letter to share the joy of the season, miracles of the holidays & the love of our family!
Dear Friends & Family,
What a fun year we have had in the Martin house! Our blue house has been full of laughter . . . and trains & cars & crafts & homework & the list goes on. We are having a blast!
SuperHubby is still working in the construction industry, but working in the pre-bid/business development side of the operation. He has secured many great jobs for his company. He has had a lot of football fun this Fall with our AU Tigers & is still waiting for a miracle with some Nat'l. Championship tickets attached.
Baylor is a sweet, spunky (a little bit sassy) 7 year old. She did ballet in the Spring & soccer in the Fall. She is basically a SuperStar at whatever she does - seriously. She is in first grade & reading at a fourth grade level & would read late into the night if I would let her. She has sweet friends & I am loving having a little girl more each year.
WFM5 will be 5 in a few weeks! He also did soccer this Fall & LOVED it! He played with his 2 best buds & we all had too much fun. He has also enjoyed the trips to AU & is waiting to receive a call from Coach Chizik to see when he can play for the Tigers. (We are stil trying to explain to him that he needs to put on about 190 lbs.) We have so many great ideas for his upcoming b'day!
Baby Whitty is technically no longer a baby - he is a big boy 3 year old. He is OBSESSED with AU football. Most days you can find him in his #34 jersey (Bo Jackson) & he will only answer to Bo Jackson. He plays trains, football guys & cars & then repeats. He loves his momma & his jersey, maybe in backward order.
Me & my Volvo wagon just putter around suburbia & watch soccer & buy birthday presents for all the parties we go to. I love my husband & these first 10 years of marriage have been full & fun! I did not get a new niece or nephew this year, but maybe my sisters will come through for me next year. We love us some cousins inthis house!
I pray our Christmas cards came to your houses that are as full as ours. I stole the pic from my sister's wedding & picked it because it showed 3 little, precious personalities.
Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS! My prayers for you are a fullness of grace & love.
Love, Jocelyn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year 2025!

 Well, the end of 2024 caught us a little off-guard. So I am little late . . .  2024 started off with WFM5 turning 18! CRAZY! In the middle of 2024 Bay turned 21! CRAZY! Whitty is 17 & Baby Lee is in middle school! CRAZY! How can they be this old? How can 2 live in another city? How can the hubby be 50??! We had a lot of fun this year, we traveled & tailgated. We laughed & laughed some more.  We also grew this year inside & out, in times of tears & joy. We lost our sweet friend - Kim Haynes, our Auntie Kim. We had moments of telling her daughter that Mommy went to Heaven, we had hard conversations & times to say goodbye.  We had times of telling EK how wonderful her momma was. 2024 also sent another to AUBURN! Momma may have cried the whole way home. But to see him thrive brought Momma such joy.  Baylor (21) is studying education at AU & is having a blast with her cute friends, in her cute house. She stays busy with schools, concerts ...

I am going .. .

In the middle of a boring Super Bowl we put the kiddos in some pjs. So as I was getting the Baby a fresh diaper I told WFM5 to get his clothes off so we could put pjs on him. Now something you may not know about WFM5 is that some nights he sleeps with JUST pjs on. Who knows?? So anyway he took off his underwear & Marty said "Wait buddy leave on your underwear." What is a boy to say to that? "No daddy - I am going blonde tonight." WHAT? He meant "commando" TOO CUTE! ~jocelyn

Birthdays & the Zoo

A "Happy Birthday!" to my Uncle Bill. Yes, I am a day late, but the fabulous singing my kids did on your voicemail tonight should make up for that. I am so sorry that VBS falls close to your Bday & you don't always get a card - just the kids singing on the phone. If you do not know my Uncle Bill he is AWESOME! My kids love him & I think they think that Uncle Bill is coming to see them in a few weeks instead of coming for Maggie's wedding. So for all of you coming with Uncle Bill watch out they will probably come out of the gates running to him. Yes, they love everyone, but there is something special about Bill. So Happy Bday & we cannot wait to see you. I will make up for the lateness of this by letting you spend more time with the kiddos in a few weeks - yes, you should be excited about this. So, the zoo, our sweet Auntie Kim came to Bham with her niece & nephew today & we took the kids to the zoo. We love the zoo! They have a train, an Auburn tig...