Skip to main content

Brothers & Goals

Last night & this morning I have listened to stories about 2 sets of brothers who have gone on to do wonderful things. Last night while watching the Olympics there were 2 brothers racing in speedskating. Can you imagine the pride there Mommy must have felt - 2 kids to make it into the Olympics. Just think I am still working on getting 2 boys to stop picking noses, much less make it into the Olympics. Secondly, I snuck into church a little late today & they began to introduce the guest preacher & he was an amazing Irish preacher who has traveled the world preaching the Gospel. And guess what?? His brother is a wonderful preacher as well who has a worldwide apologetics ministry. God worked through that Mom in beautiful ways. When she gets to the Heaven I know God will look at her & say "Well done my good and faithful servant." So, yes, I have goals of having a clean house & recruiting 34 VBS teachers in the next 3 months; but in reality I need to focus on long-term goals of raising 3 kids that glorify the Lord no matter what they do. Sure I am sure I have joked before about all 3 of them being docotors & AU athletes, but in all honesty it is not as important what they do, but how they do it. Baylor asked the other day if she could be a mom when she grew up & I told her she woudl be a great mom if that is what God had planned for her life & she asked how/when she would know what God had planned for her life???? I told her she would know when God was ready for her to know & no matter what it was she needed to do it with a beautiful heart for ministry. She said that was fine she could be a missionary, but she really hopes she gets to be a mom after she is an AU cheerleader. (The girls has big plans)
So I guess I needed to write this down as a reminder for me & later for the kiddos to read. At the end of our journey we all need to strive to hear those words - "Well done my good and faithful servant."
His Child, Jocelyn
PS Did anybody pick up on the fact that Bay did not question the fact of cheerleading? And she is still convinced she is going to marry her sweet friend Cotton. Whew, one less thing for this mommy to worry about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year 2025!

 Well, the end of 2024 caught us a little off-guard. So I am little late . . .  2024 started off with WFM5 turning 18! CRAZY! In the middle of 2024 Bay turned 21! CRAZY! Whitty is 17 & Baby Lee is in middle school! CRAZY! How can they be this old? How can 2 live in another city? How can the hubby be 50??! We had a lot of fun this year, we traveled & tailgated. We laughed & laughed some more.  We also grew this year inside & out, in times of tears & joy. We lost our sweet friend - Kim Haynes, our Auntie Kim. We had moments of telling her daughter that Mommy went to Heaven, we had hard conversations & times to say goodbye.  We had times of telling EK how wonderful her momma was. 2024 also sent another to AUBURN! Momma may have cried the whole way home. But to see him thrive brought Momma such joy.  Baylor (21) is studying education at AU & is having a blast with her cute friends, in her cute house. She stays busy with schools, concerts ...

I am going .. .

In the middle of a boring Super Bowl we put the kiddos in some pjs. So as I was getting the Baby a fresh diaper I told WFM5 to get his clothes off so we could put pjs on him. Now something you may not know about WFM5 is that some nights he sleeps with JUST pjs on. Who knows?? So anyway he took off his underwear & Marty said "Wait buddy leave on your underwear." What is a boy to say to that? "No daddy - I am going blonde tonight." WHAT? He meant "commando" TOO CUTE! ~jocelyn

Birthdays & the Zoo

A "Happy Birthday!" to my Uncle Bill. Yes, I am a day late, but the fabulous singing my kids did on your voicemail tonight should make up for that. I am so sorry that VBS falls close to your Bday & you don't always get a card - just the kids singing on the phone. If you do not know my Uncle Bill he is AWESOME! My kids love him & I think they think that Uncle Bill is coming to see them in a few weeks instead of coming for Maggie's wedding. So for all of you coming with Uncle Bill watch out they will probably come out of the gates running to him. Yes, they love everyone, but there is something special about Bill. So Happy Bday & we cannot wait to see you. I will make up for the lateness of this by letting you spend more time with the kiddos in a few weeks - yes, you should be excited about this. So, the zoo, our sweet Auntie Kim came to Bham with her niece & nephew today & we took the kids to the zoo. We love the zoo! They have a train, an Auburn tig...